Get FREE Advice
Subscribe today and discover:
- 2 Home Remedies For Better Skin TOMORROW!
- Why Traditional Methods FAIL Again, and Again. And What to Do Instead
- How To Quickly Restore Your Skin’s Natural Healing Powers
- And Much More...
The Aloe Vera Acne Remedy: Is There Clear Skin in Sight?
One of the greatest benefits of an aloe vera acne remedy is that it soothes the skin and relieves inflammation. Although it is important to use gentle and natural ingredients to treat your skin, the true cure for your acne actually lies much deeper.
Aloe Vera Acne Benefits
Aloe vera is a plant similar to a cactus that grows in warmer climates. Aloe vera is often used as a popular natural remedy in the diet and to treat the skin since it provides advanced healing benefits to soothe burns, reduce inflammation, and even treat scar tissue. 
If you have ever applied soothing aloe vera to a sunburn, then you probably know firsthand how calming and cooling this natural remedy can be. Here are some of the many benefits that aloe vera provides to the skin:
- Hydrates dry and cracked skin
- Strengthens the outer barrier of the skin to protect from environmental toxins
- Treats insect bites, burns, blisters, and frostbite
- Balances the skin and keeps it healthy
- Reduces inflammation caused by a sunburn
- Reduces inflammation from skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis
- Kills bacteria to quickly heal wounds or cuts
- Deeply moisturizes the skin to strengthen the outer barrier
- Provides anti-aging benefits
- Lightens dark pigmentation in the skin
As you can clearly see, aloe vera is full of countless benefits to treat the skin.
Let’s check out what several acne sufferers from the acne.org forums had to say about using an aloe vera acne remedy:
Wowwww. helped my skin so much! Salicylic wash and Alpha Hydrox BHA Souffle made my skin red and irritated but it was helping my acne and my red marks but I needed something to help soothe those chemicals on my face and this organic natural substance did the trick!!
Bought it at Lowes for 4 bucks
I am in love with aloe vera. I use 99% pure organic aloe vera gel, with nothing extra added. (DO NOT try the crap from the drugstore). My face is VERY VERY sensitive (every lotion I have ever tried stings), and the aloe has been wonderful! I had dry, flaky rough inflamed skin that was also oilly and had piples and blackheads. I apply a thin layer after washing my face (with a baking soda paste which you HAVE to try! go read my review!) my inflamation and redness is GONE, my rough skin is gone, my pimples are gone, and my black heads are minimal!
While aloe vera is a beneficial natural product to treat and strengthen the skin, it does not provide a complete acne cure. Let me explain.
As an aesthetician, I continually advise my clients to use natural and gentle products that are free from chemicals to treat their skin. However, if you are only relying upon a product like an aloe vera acne remedy to clear up your skin, then you will be sorely disappointed.
The cause of acne starts with a poor diet. This diet weakens your immune system, fills your body full of toxic chemicals and additives, and leaves your skin vulnerable to acne breakouts. If you want any hope of clearing up your skin for good, then you must first of all balance your diet by eliminating high carb and high sugar foods, and then focus on the products that you use to hydrate and strengthen your skin.
With that being said, the many benefits that aloe vera provides will work well to treat the side effects that acne causes to your skin. An aloe vera acne remedy can:
- Reduce hyperpigmentation caused by acne scarring
- Hydrate the skin to strengthen its outer barrier
- Reduce chronic inflammation caused by acne
- Speed up the healing of acne lesions
- Keep the skin smooth and youthful
The most important point to keep in mind is that an aloe vera acne remedy can be used AFTER you have cleared up your acne to restore health to your skin. The first step is to balance your diet to eliminate any acne triggers, and then use aloe vera to hydrate, heal, and restore health to your skin that has been damaged by chronic acne.
- “Aloe Vera to Skin Care | Skin Care.” Bitterroot Restoration | Home. Web. 21 Mar. 2011. <http://www.bitterrootrestoration.com/skin-care/aloe-vera-to-skin-care.html>.
About the Author: Bethany Ramos is an aesthetician and makeup artist with a special interest in using nutrition to heal and alleviate a number of conditions in the skin. You can find out more skin care and makeup tips by visiting her blog at FacebyBethany.
FOCUS! Your Ultimate Guide to Clear Skin
Are you ready to throw away those nasty chemical lotions and creams… never pay for another expensive, worthless prescription ever again… and discover the “hushed up” truth about so-called acne cures and the 100% natural secret that’s WAY MORE POWERFUL?