The Egg Smoothie is a drink that helps you get a good amount of the required natural fat and eggs needed by the body. The drink contains 19 grams of protein, 65 grams of fat and 4 grams of carbohydrates.
- 3 large whole eggs (or 4 medium size), preferably “certified organic” free-range
- 2 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (should be organic or certified organic, but preferably unpasteurized)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg, or to taste
- 1 pinch of green stevia leaf powder, or to taste (optional)
- 2 to 2 ½ cups of boiled water
Other spices can be added to suit your taste, i.e. ground clove, allspice, ginger, etc.
All spices and dried herbs must be organic or certified organic from the health store, because all commercial products are irradiated (zapped with radiation) which change and damage the body’s cells if consumed.
- Boil water
- Put all ingredients in a blender except the water
- Carefully pour in boiled water last [the amount of water can be more or less, depending upon whether you like a thin or thick drink]
- Close the cover well, pulse it at first, and then blend for 15-20 seconds
This drink keeps well in a thermos for several hours, and it can be kept in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
Since it tends to separate it may need to be stirred well or blended again before drinking it.
If you prefer the drink cold, put it in the refrigerator to cool it down. Stir well before drinking it.
- All ingredients can be adjusted to suit individual needs and tastes. For example, if you are just starting on coconut oil, use 1 egg and 1 teaspoon of coconut oil, 1 teaspoon of butter, less water and spices, and gradually increase the amount of eggs, coconut oil and butter over time (every 4 to 5 days) to minimize die-off/healing reactions. The number of eggs can be increased or decreased, along with any other ingredients.
- Coconut oil, and butter are antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral which may cause healing reactions in some people. To minimize healing reactions start with 1 teaspoon of each and gradually increase them over time, so reactions are more tolerable.
- Eggs contain sulphur so they are antifungal, antibacterial, and antiviral, which may cause healing reactions. To minimize healing reactions start with less, i.e. 1 egg yolk or 1 teaspoon of egg yolk, and gradually increase them over time, so reactions are more tolerable.
- Cinnamon is also antifungal, so again it is important to start with small amounts and gradually increase it to minimize healing reactions.