Get FREE Advice
Subscribe today and discover:
- 2 Home Remedies For Better Skin TOMORROW!
- Why Traditional Methods FAIL Again, and Again. And What to Do Instead
- How To Quickly Restore Your Skin’s Natural Healing Powers
- And Much More...
Top 5 Benefits of Lavender Oil Acne Treatment: Can It Clear Up Your Skin?
Lavender oil has been praised by the health community for its long list of benefits to aid in sleep, reduce overall anxiety, and even improve circulation, but could these health benefits actually play a role in your fight against acne?
Top 5 Lavender Oil Acne Benefits
You may have already experienced the soothing and refreshing scent of lavender to provide a clean aroma to a room, yet it also offers its share of skin and health benefits. Lavender essential oil provides a great protection to the body and the skin in its ability to disinfect, improve circulation, and even treat respiratory issues. 
Lavender oil has commonly been used to make perfumes and practice aromatherapy since it blends easily with a number of other essential oils. However, beyond just the pleasing aroma of this essential oil, it can greatly impact other aspects of your health, like:
- Sleep aid. Lavender oil has been known to aid in relaxation, improve sleep, and even treat insomnia. Specifically, your body requires a good night of rest to repair and restore itself, and one of the first places to show signs of sleeplessness is in a compromised skin tone that is flat, dull, and prone to blemishes.
- Treat anxiety. Since lavender oil has such a calming aroma, it can be used to treat headaches, depression, anxiety, and stress by easing restlessness and exhaustion. Untreated stress can greatly disrupt your immune system, leaving your body susceptible to illness and your skin vulnerable to acne bacteria.
- Improve circulation. Lavender oil works effectively to improve circulation, reduce high blood pressure, and even treat hypertension. Improved circulation will also ensure that nutrient-rich blood and oxygen quickly reach your skin to help it restore and strengthen to naturally resist acne.
- Aid in digestion. Lavender oil can be used to boost intestinal health, stimulate gastric juices, and treat indigestion, colic, stomach pain, vomiting, and diarrhea. Improved digestion also means that your body can efficiently flush out harmful toxins so that they are less likely to be purged by your skin in the form of acne.
- Skin care. Lavender oil provides great topical benefits to the skin due to its antifungal and antiseptic properties. For this reason, some natural health advocates also believe that a lavender oil acne remedy can fight acne bacteria on the skin to reduce surface inflammation caused by chronic acne outbreaks.
To give you a better idea, check out what a few acne sufferers had to say about lavender oil acne treatments on the acne.org forums:
TRY IT!! IT WORKS. I’ve been washing my face with cetaphil and baking soda for 10 seconds, then i almost fill the cap of the bottle to witch hazel (with witch hazel) and add 2-3 drops of 100% lavender oil, i use it as a toner, then use a lotion. When i do this twice a day my face doesn’t hurt, my acne eases away and my spots get smaller and fade.
I have been doing this for 2 weeks now and i HAVE seen improvements, though it takes time.
I won’t be using this again and will probably avoid products which have this as a main ingredient. It’s a shame. I was looking forward to using this after reading reviews but it really did not suit my face.
I use water soluble lavender oil as a 50% blend with water – shake it together and it goes white like a milk bath. Give it a try. It really takes away the inflammation, especially working well on old red spots where pimples used to be. It relaxes the skin, gets rid of redness and dries out white heads.
Can a Lavender Oil Acne Treatment Provide a Long Term Cure?
This is probably the burning question on your mind if you have been struggling with chronic acne that is difficult to treat, right?
While lavender oil offers a long list of health benefits both externally and internally, you cannot overlook the fact that the true cause of acne stems from dietary imbalances that compromise the immune system and leave the skin susceptible to acne bacteria in the first place.
This means that if you are using a topical lavender oil acne remedy as your only form of acne treatment, you will not be able to get rid of acne in the long run since you will only be treating acne symptoms in your skin.
To qualify, lavender oil can improve circulation to stimulate healing in your skin, help you sleep better to give your body and skin time to repair, and even aid in digestion to help flush harmful toxins from your body.
However, none of these benefits will provide long-term results in clearing up your acne if you don’t first improve your diet by eliminating foods that are full of chemicals, additives, and sugars that weaken your immune system and leave you vulnerable to acne in the first place.
After you have successfully balanced your diet and gotten rid of dietary triggers that negatively affect the quality of your skin, it would only make sense to use a natural and gentle treatment like a lavender oil acne remedy to stimulate the health of your body internally and calm and heal the surface of your skin. Win-win!
- “Health Benefits of Lavender Essential Oil.” Welcome to Organic Facts. Web. 07 Feb. 2011. <http://www.organicfacts.net/organic-oils/natural-essential-oils/health-benefits-of-lavender-essential-oil.html>.
About the Author: Bethany Ramos is an aesthetician and makeup artist with a special interest in using nutrition to heal and alleviate a number of conditions in the skin. You can find out more skin care and makeup tips by visiting her blog at FacebyBethany.
FOCUS! Your Ultimate Guide to Clear Skin
Are you ready to throw away those nasty chemical lotions and creams… never pay for another expensive, worthless prescription ever again… and discover the “hushed up” truth about so-called acne cures and the 100% natural secret that’s WAY MORE POWERFUL?