Get FREE Advice
Subscribe today and discover:
- 2 Home Remedies For Better Skin TOMORROW!
- Why Traditional Methods FAIL Again, and Again. And What to Do Instead
- How To Quickly Restore Your Skin’s Natural Healing Powers
- And Much More...
Want to Get Rid of Acne Red Marks? Here Are a Few Important DON’T’s to Avoid!
For so many of us, it is more than difficult to control acne breakouts in our complexion. It gets even worse when these breakouts become swollen, red, inflamed, and nearly impossible to conceal.
Fortunately, I do have an answer for you as to how to get rid of red marks acne, but first, I would love to share with you a few DON’TS to avoid to prevent irreparable damage in your skin.
- DON’T pop your pimples! A horrible habit that I have seen firsthand working as an aesthetician is that so many sufferers of acne are tempted to pop, squeeze, and pick their pimples. This is an absolute no-no! Popping pimples will only make red marks acne worse and potentially lead to scarring, so make sure to keep your hands off of your skin to the best of your abilities. If you do have chronic acne and deeply impacted pores, then you can visit a dermatologist or an aesthetician for safe and professional extractions.
- DON’T use lemon juice. I read an interesting blog online that recommended applying lemon juice directly to your skin to dry out oil and clear up blemishes, and although this is a natural ingredient, it will only irritate your complexion and strip your skin of its natural moisture barrier. This is the quickest way to weaken your skin’s natural defense and leave you vulnerable to even more acne breakouts. Don’t do it!
- DON’T try to get rid of red marks acne with Visine. Have you ever heard of the old wives’ tale of applying Visine to your pimple to get rid of the redness? While some may have had success with this method to reduce surface redness, Visine is not a product that you want to apply to your skin since it is full of chemical ingredients. Visine does contain a vasoconstrictor called tetrahydrozoline hydrochloride , which constricts blood vessels in the eye to reduce redness, but it is not a chemical ingredient that is beneficial or even appropriate to use on your skin. If you want a quick way to get rid of redness, then why not try eliminating excess sugars and carbohydrates from your diet that cause your blood sugar to spike and create inflammation in your skin? These dietary changes are the only legitimate way to get rid of red marks acne in the long run, trust me.
To back me up, here are what a few acne sufferers on the acne.org forums had to say about using an ingredient like Visine to get rid of redness in their skin:
This DOES NOT help pimple redness… at all! Use it for your eyes not your breakouts.
It does not work for redness of my zits.. at all.
Redness will come back eventually. Does not get rid of existing pimples or prevent new ones.
Redness reduction is only temporary
Doesn’t reduce swelling
The truth is that you really can’t believe what you read online, evidenced by all of the red marks acne rumors circulating above. I would never recommend that you apply household ingredients like Visine or lemon juice directly to your skin, which will only cause dryness, irritation, and increased infection in your acne lesions.
If you want to truly alleviate your skin of red marks acne for good, the simple answer can be found in eliminating dietary triggers, like high sugar and high carbohydrate foods that compromise your immune system and only serve to trigger more redness and irritation in your skin.
- “Visine.” Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia. 31 Dec. 2010. Web. 06 Jan. 2011. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visine>.
About the Author: Bethany Ramos is an aesthetician and makeup artist with a special interest in using nutrition to heal and alleviate a number of conditions in the skin. You can find out more skin care and makeup tips by visiting her blog at FacebyBethany.
FOCUS! Your Ultimate Guide to Clear Skin
Are you ready to throw away those nasty chemical lotions and creams… never pay for another expensive, worthless prescription ever again… and discover the “hushed up” truth about so-called acne cures and the 100% natural secret that’s WAY MORE POWERFUL?