Get FREE Advice
Subscribe today and discover:
- 2 Home Remedies For Better Skin TOMORROW!
- Why Traditional Methods FAIL Again, and Again. And What to Do Instead
- How To Quickly Restore Your Skin’s Natural Healing Powers
- And Much More...
Suffering from Scalp Acne? Learn How to Treat This Painful Condition in 3 Easy Steps!
Most people are familiar with embarrassing acne normally appearing on the face, chest, and back – many overlook the scalp as a prime place for acne to form.
The scalp is a highly volatile area of the body that often poses a great risk for breakouts since it is full of hair follicles that can easily become clogged by sebum (oil) and dead skin cells to create painful and inflamed scalp acne lesions.
What Aggravates Scalp Acne?
If you have pimples or breakouts on your scalp, they can be aggravated by:
- Harsh chemicals in shampoos
- Excessive sun exposure
- Picking or scratching
Luckily, there are a few simple steps you can take to effectively clear up your scalp acne and prevent these breakouts.
- Eliminate scalp acne aggravators. If you have been looking everywhere for a scalp acne treatment, many times the solution can be found by making simple changes in your lifestyle to reduce these breakouts altogether. As an example, throwing out commercial hair care products and shampoos, and replacing them with one that use all-natural ingredients – such as the ones detailed in “The 100% Natural Skin Care Handbook”.
- Flush your body of toxins. What you may not realize is that toxins can build up in your body and accumulate over the years, and they need to be flushed out regularly. That is precisely why you sweat, urinate, and have regular bowel movements, all of which work together to relieve your body of waste and excess toxicity. For this reason, it is important to healthy choices in your diet, which will strengthen your body’s natural processes to flush toxins and ensure that your skin is protected from damage. If your body is being damaged by toxins below the surface, it is much more susceptible to damage on the outside, resulting in painful and swollen scalp acne lesions.
- Improve your diet. You can’t expect to improve the quality of your skin if you don’t also improve your diet! This doesn’t mean that you necessarily need to become obsessive by monitoring every morsel of food that you eat, but you do need to be mindful of a few simple dietary principles, like reducing excess sugar, carbohydrates, and high-fat processed foods, which could be triggering inflammation in your body, leading to long-term scalp acne breakouts.
Acne sufferers experiences in their quest for a scalp acne treatment
I used to have some mild acne on my scalp in one area (close to the hairline). I started using an anti-dandruff shampoo (Nizoral) and it worked great. It cleared it up pretty quickly. I would recommend that option to people.
I get acne on my scalp, but my hair usually covers it. My beautician said I was using the wrong products. I was getting a white build-up, on my scalp and huge pimples that would pop in my hair (nasty)! I’ve been using Aquage and I don’t have the build-up anymore, but I still am getting the pimples. However, I have found, it is less of a problem if I shower right after sweating and blow-dry my hair, instead of letting it air-dry. And, I don’t use any products (gel, hairspray, mousse), so that can’t be it. My beautician said my comb, brush, flat-iron, curling-iron, shampoo, conditioner, hair ties, bobbie pins, etc., might have become contaminated with bacteria and she suggested replacing them.
It is common for acne sufferers to have reoccuring problems with scalp acne. It will go and come as it pleases, unless you make some important changes! The most important thing that you can take away from this post as a long-term scalp acne solution is that the foundation starts with a healthy diet.
You can use your diet to quickly flush toxins from your body that have accumulated over the years to negatively affect the quality of your skin, and then couple that with eliminating any lifestyle triggers that could be making your scalp acne worse. Now it all makes perfect sense!
There’s more you should know. . .
We’ve really only touched the surface of what you should know about this debilitating disease that we’ve all grown to hate. Here at Focus:Acne, we have started an information revolution – where we put all misconceptions aside, and inform the “motivated-to-cure” on the true nature of this disease. Stop buying acne medications, stop visiting the dermatologist, and simply enter your name and e-mail below – it’s time to be inspired and officially put acne in the past…
About the Author: Bethany Ramos is an aesthetician and makeup artist with a special interest in using nutrition to heal and alleviate a number of conditions in the skin. You can find out more skin care and makeup tips by visiting her blog at FacebyBethany.
FOCUS! Your Ultimate Guide to Clear Skin
Are you ready to throw away those nasty chemical lotions and creams… never pay for another expensive, worthless prescription ever again… and discover the “hushed up” truth about so-called acne cures and the 100% natural secret that’s WAY MORE POWERFUL?