Get FREE Advice
Subscribe today and discover:
- 2 Home Remedies For Better Skin TOMORROW!
- Why Traditional Methods FAIL Again, and Again. And What to Do Instead
- How To Quickly Restore Your Skin’s Natural Healing Powers
- And Much More...
The Top 3 Foods That Cause Acne
There is no denying the direct relationship between the foods you eat and the quality of your skin.
One of the best things you can do to help alleviate the symptoms that accompany acne is to avoid foods that are damaging both to your health and skin. Below are the 3 types of foods that are most likely to exacerbate your acne condition.
Fried Foods Cause Acne
The types of fats we consume on a daily basis have a big impact on the health of our skin. Most commercial fried foods are fried in industrially processed liquid fats and oils such as soy, corn, safflower, cottonseed and canola. These fats are unnatural, act like plastic in your body, and are very damaging to skin health.
Other unhealthy fats include, all hydrogenated and partially hydrogenated oils and fats and oils (especially vegetable oils) heated to very high temperatures in processing and frying. If you are consuming these unhealthy fats on a regular basis, your body will be forced to use these fats to construct new skin cells. These skin cells will not function properly and acne, including other skin diseases can manifest!
Healthy skin cells that function properly are built upon with healthy, life-promoting fats and oils. These include butter, fats from animal sources such as tallow or lard, coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil and cod liver oil . Many healthy fats have a high saturated fat content. You should not blindly follow the many misconceptions there are concerning saturated fats! Saturated fatty acids constitute at least 50 percent of your cell membranes .
To read and learn more about the difference between health and unhealthy fats, read Weston. A Price’s section titled ‘Know Your Fats‘ or read the book titled ‘Know Your Fats : The Complete Primer for Understanding the Nutrition of Fats, Oils and Cholesterol’ located in the Books section of this website.
Common Fried Foods That Cause Acne:
- French Fries
- Chinese Fast Food
- Fried Chicken
- Onion Rings
- Mozzarella Sticks
Foods High in Sugars Cause Acne
The average person living in the Western world consumes about 125 pounds of refined table sugar every year . Did you know that sugar is poisonous to the body and that it leads to, or directly causes, several different health problems and diseases, acne included?
Bellow are just a few of the things sugar does to your body.
- Sugar can suppress the immune system and it contributes to the reduction in the body’s defense against bacterial infection, which is one cause of acne. Scientists have proven that too much sugar is the death of the immune system.
- Sugar upsets the mineral relationships in the body. It also interferes with absorption of calcium and magnesium. All minerals are essential for optimal skin.
- Sugar produces a low oxygen environment = cancer and candida (fungal) growth environment. Fungal overgrowth leads to acne.
- Sugar causes a loss of tissue elasticity and function. This leads to dry, unhealthy skin.
- Sugar can cause and/or lead to all skin diseases, including acne, eczema, varicose veins, psoriasis, rosacea, etc.
- Sugar is the #1 enemy of the bowel movement. Bowel movements are necessary to excrete toxins and wastes which can lead to acne.
- Sugar can cause depression, making a case of acne even more mentally debilitating.
- Sugar causes indigestion and constipation. Constipation can cause acne.
- Sugar is an addictive substance, and it can be intoxicating, similar to alcohol.
To read about more reasons sugar is damaging to your health, read Nancy Appleton PhD’s, article titled, ‘141 Reasons Sugar Ruins Your Health‘
Common Sugar Foods That Cause Acne:
- Ice Cream
- Fruits and Fruit Juice*
*Fruits and even natural fruit juices are high in fructose, a sugar that is unhealthy in large quantities. It is advisable that if you are seeking to cure your acne using the methods in the book Focus: Your Ultimate Guide to Clear Skin, to temporarily stop eating fruits until your body can handle them in moderate quantities.
Foods High in Carbohydrates Cause Acne
The most important carbohydrate is glucose, a simple sugar (monosaccharide) that is metabolized by nearly all known organisms.  All carbohydrates are eventually converted into glucose, which is then converted to glycogen for storage in the body.
The important thing to realize is that the human body needs only certain amounts of glucose to function properly. When you eat more carbohydrates than your body needs for it’s glucose requirements, health issues such as diabetes and acne can manifest.
In fact, carbohydrates are not even necessary in order to obtain the required amount of glucose needed for the human body to function properly.
58% of protein and 10% of fat can be converted by the body to glycogen and ultimately to glucose. 
This concept is further proven by Vilhjalmur Stefansson’s experience in living with Eskimos, who were considered the healthiest people on the planet. Their diet consisted of all meat and fish and no carbohydrates. 
Yet the common conception of carbohydrates are that they should be the largest part of one’s daily diet. Below is a diagram of the conventional food pyramid that the Food and Drug Administration advocates.
Why is that acne, an other diseases such as cancer are more prevalent today then they ever were? A main reason is the largely biased and incorrect information promoted by ‘health experts’ today.
Common High Carbohydrate Foods That Cause Acne:
- Rice (White or Brown)
Eliminating Toxic Foods is Crucial to Acne-Free Skin
Elimination is a crucial part of curing acne, and is a cornerstone of the Focus:Acne Formula. Eliminating the right foods, and introducing the right foods into your diet will lead to dramatic improvements in your skin.
For many, eliminating damaging high carb, high sugar, and high unhealthy fat foods is easier said then done – since many have been eating these foods on a daily basis for a very long time. Unfortunately, these foods are what contributed to your skin condition in the first place. The easiest way to eliminate these foods from your diet is to be motivated to take your skin’s health back in your hands and improve your life for the better!
Have you noticed certain foods causing your acne to flare? Tell us about it in the comments section below.
- ‘Know Your Fats : The Complete Primer for Understanding the Nutrition of Fats, Oils and Cholesterol’, Enig, Mary PhD.
- ’7 Reasons to Eat More Saturated Fat.’ Mercola, Joseph. http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig10/mercola44.1.html
- ‘Sugar Blues.’ Dufty, William.
- Carbohydrate metabolism, Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbohydrate_metabolism
- Sandler, The Concept of Gamma-Glucose. http://www.whale.to/v/sandler11.html
- Stefansson, Vilhjalmur. ‘Eskimos Prove An All Meat Diet Provides Excellent Health.’ Harper’s Monthly Magazine, November 1935, http://www.biblelife.org/stefansson1.htm
About the Author: George is a former acne sufferer who has cured his acne through dietary means. He is the author of, in the Focus: Your Ultimate Guide to Clear Skin. He, along with it’s strong growing community have helped several people cure their acne through diet.
FOCUS! Your Ultimate Guide to Clear Skin
Are you ready to throw away those nasty chemical lotions and creams… never pay for another expensive, worthless prescription ever again… and discover the “hushed up” truth about so-called acne cures and the 100% natural secret that’s WAY MORE POWERFUL?