Get FREE Advice
Subscribe today and discover:
- 2 Home Remedies For Better Skin TOMORROW!
- Why Traditional Methods FAIL Again, and Again. And What to Do Instead
- How To Quickly Restore Your Skin’s Natural Healing Powers
- And Much More...
Is the Vitamin C Acne Remedy the Secret to Clear Skin?
While you may be familiar with the benefits of vitamin C to fight off a cold, vitamin C actually plays a vital role in strengthening and healing your skin. Before we can understand completely whether or not a vitamin C acne remedy has the potential to clear up your complexion for good, we first must understand how vitamin C impacts your skin.
The Vitamin C Acne Remedy and Your Skin
Vitamin C is also called ascorbic acid, and it is essential to collagen production. Collagen production stimulates the growth of blood vessels and cells to give your skin a firm and youthful quality.  This is exactly why you will often see vitamin C as a leading ingredient in anti-aging products on the market.
However, in my experience as an aesthetician, I always recommend that my clients take their vitamins naturally before using them topically. Basically, make sure that you get enough vitamin C in your diet instead of just relying on it as a product ingredient to heal your skin!
Here are few more skin benefits you can expect from the vitamin C acne remedy: 
- Antioxidant Protection: Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that reduces free radical damage from outside sources like pollution, smoking, and sun damage. These free radicals can cause wrinkles, fine lines, and dryness in the skin, and they will also leave your complexion susceptible to breakouts caused by acne bacteria. The vitamin C acne remedy will use antioxidant protection to strengthen your skin to naturally resist acne outbreaks!
- Reduced Risk of Sunburn: While I always encourage my clients to wear an SPF that protects from UVA and UVB rays, vitamin C does have the potential to reduce the risk of sunburn caused by UVB rays. This can greatly reduce your risk of skin cancer. Of course, this doesn’t mean that eating vitamin C-rich foods will allow you to tan without sun protection, but the vitamin C acne remedy will strengthen your complexion to reduce your risk of sun damage. This is yet another factor that will boost the health of your skin to make you less vulnerable to acne outbreaks.
- Wounded Healing: After your skin has been ravaged by acne, you may feel embarrassed, frustrated, and desperate for help. Fortunately, the vitamin C acne remedy will stimulate the growth of ligaments and scar tissue so that your skin can naturally repair itself. This is the perfect natural treatment for acne scarring to boost the health of your skin and quickly balance your complexion after an acne outbreak.
With all of these skin health benefits in mind, you’re probably chomping at the bit to find out which vitamin C-rich foods you should include in your diet! Some of the top sources of vitamin C to focus on to strengthen your skin are citrus fruits, cauliflower, bell peppers, spinach, tomatoes, and collard greens. 
To dig a little deeper, it’s important not to exceed over 2000 mg of vitamin C per day, or it could cause stomach irritation. For the best healthy skin diet to treat acne, make sure that the vitamin C-rich foods that you eat are balanced with other healthy food sources, like vegetables and lean proteins, while eliminating high-carb, high-sugar processed foods.
Making these simple substitutions in your diet will allow your skin to receive the most benefits from vitamin C to naturally repair itself and resist acne bacteria in the complexion.
Here is what several acne sufferers from the acne.org forums had to say about the vitamin C acne remedy:
It works. I tried everything, tee tree oil, benzoil peroxide and all sorts of face cleansers. But I never thought that acne was caused from the inside. So I tried Vitamin c 2000mg per day. and my acne started clearing. My skin started to lighten and become smoother. I look 2 years younger at least from using this.
Vitamin C works in COMBINATION with a healthy lifestyle.. for the majority of people don’t expect to have great skin if you’re not treating your body well!
I have been taking 1000mg of vitamin c with rosehips for more than a year now; until then i have not had flue; It also helps my skin to become more smoother and acne scars fade away easily. Take it! If it wouldn’t help you with your pimples then just use it to have a healthy body and fight diseases.
The truth is that vitamin C is not a miracle fix for your acne. BUT including fresh sources of vitamin C in a balanced diet will boost your immune system, flush your body of toxins, and ultimately strengthen and heal your skin so that you are finally free from acne. At last…
- Sentry, Susan. “Discovery Health “How Does Vitamin C Benefit Skin?”“ Discovery Health “Health Guides” Web. 16 Mar. 2011. <http://health.howstuffworks.com/skin-care/information/nutrition/vitamin-c-benefit-skin.htm>.
About the Author: Bethany Ramos is an aesthetician and makeup artist with a special interest in using nutrition to heal and alleviate a number of conditions in the skin. You can find out more skin care and makeup tips by visiting her blog at FacebyBethany.
FOCUS! Your Ultimate Guide to Clear Skin
Are you ready to throw away those nasty chemical lotions and creams… never pay for another expensive, worthless prescription ever again… and discover the “hushed up” truth about so-called acne cures and the 100% natural secret that’s WAY MORE POWERFUL?